[Foundation-l] Re: domain name administrator--> Trust level

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 01:42:57 UTC 2004

--- Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> We could have a petty cash PayPal account of say $3000 that such an
> admin and a
> few other highly trusted people (esp a developer) could have access
> to when
> needed (a domain is about to expire or a server needs to be
> replaced fast). If
> I'm still around, I would help provide oversight for that.

That would be good.

> I think only Walter mentioned an interest in this so I don't see a
> need for an
> extra step.

Except he also said he wasn't too hat on the idea.  He just threw it
out there as something that would be nice without saying he would
want to do it.

> Managing the 8 or so Wikimedia domains wasn't a pain for me. The
> only issue was
> keeping up with yearly expirations, but Jimbo has since paid those
> for long
> time periods (that was my impression at least since I no longer
> have access to
> my GoDaddy account that holds those domains).

Granted, I might have exagerated.

> So I don't think this
> is the type
> of thing that we would have to pay a person for. All IMO.

Ok too. By the way, have moved to godaddy exclusively, and things
have become much easier.

On a personal note, I would particularly miss your contribution to W
if you decided to seek other forms of online enjoyments.

I think though that you have to do what's best for yourself.

=====
Chris Mahan
818.943.1850 cell
chris_mahan at yahoo.com