[Foundation-l] Rewarding volunteers

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Sep 12 14:21:56 UTC 2004

Just to say my usual bit about this, I'm all for rewarding volunteers,
and the best way to do that is with kind words, mutual respect, and
admiration for good deeds.  Mathematical formulas can never replace
taking the time to say "thank you" or "I am a fan of your work" when
you see an article that you like.

Algorithmic reputation systems are always a temptation, just because
they are possible.  But human reputation systems are much more nuanced
and powerful.

--Jimbo

--
"La nèfle est un fruit." - first words of 50,000th article on fr.wikipedia.org