[Foundation-l] Update on status of press release

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 7 03:28:20 UTC 2004

Our upcoming press release about the 1,000,000-article milestone for
Wikipedia is approaching completion. I just wanted to keep everyone
informed who's helping with the project. Based on the current rate of
article creation, we're still looking at September 15 as the date for
the millionth article, and we plan to starting sending the press release
that day.

I anticipate some changes still need to be made - for example, a new
quote from Jimbo instead of recycling the one from the last press
release. But I plan to push on and hopefully have a final text ready in
the next 24 hours or so. Anyone who still has input they want to offer,
please don't hold back; I would love to have your help, but we need to
freeze the text for the translation process very soon.

Thanks also to the translators, many of whom have already started
working on the draft text. I will announce on this list again when the
text is finalized, so you can update translations to that version.

--Michael Snow