[Foundation-l] Re: Formal request: Wikinews project

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Oct 12 14:39:00 UTC 2004

Thomas-
> What changes will be necessary in MediaWiki for running news with it?
> We'd need some kind of channels (like categories but with preview/summary).

My current mid term approach is to add a syntax for showing the last n
newly created articles in a category by date, so that category tagging
becomes equivalent to publishing. This has some problems in cases where an
article is updated, or the creation date is not the date you want to use.
My long term approach is to use [[m:Wikiflow]] to set a publication date
property (possibly a Wikidata structural element of the news article
namespace) once an article has passed through the workflow process, and to
use that for sorting.

Regards,

Erik