[Foundation-l] Re: Formal request: Wikinews project

Thomas R. Koll tomk32 at gmx.de
Tue Oct 12 13:31:28 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 02:44:00PM +0200, Erik Moeller wrote:
> Andrew-

> > It has more similarity to [[OhMyNews]], [[Indymedia]] and other
> > citizen reporter efforts.
>
> I don't know OhMyNews, but Indymedia is largely non-collaborative.
> Individual reporters write individual stories. They don't use a wiki model
> of open editing.

Indymedia (at least the German one) has the problem of a strong POV,
I'm sure that WikiNews would never get into such trouble as Indymedia
has right now.

What changes will be necessary in MediaWiki for running news with it?
We'd need some kind of channels (like categories but with preview/summary).

ciao, tom
--
== Weblinks ==
* http://shop.wikipedia.org - WikiReader Internet zu kaufen