[Foundation-l] Single login - decision 2004

Christopher Larberg christopherlarberg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 06:07:46 UTC 2004

Not that I'm a Board member, but, just to give my input, Option 3
sounds like the easiest and fairest to me. It would be easy to link
accounts under this proposed system, even those with different names.
I envision some sort of "global user page" that can be accessed
through any local Wiki user page with the user's accounts on all
projects listed, along with any pertinent statistics. I think the
trolling issue can be addressed by allowing some sort of "eminent
domain"; that is, users with significant contributions on a project or
projects can take over an account on a project if it is inactive/has
few contributions; the original account would be moved to an alternate
user name. Those are my two U.S. cents.

--Slowking Man