[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Commons logo vote

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Nov 7 16:07:15 UTC 2004

Dori wrote:
> > Jimbo: The "This vote should be regarded as an inconclusive, unofficial
> > informal poll with no particular weight" comment on Commons:Logo is not
> > helpful. Please remove it at your discretion or clarify what else needs to
> > be done.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Erik
>
> Do we even know that it's really Jimbo? It doesn't sound like
> something he would say, especially without even voting, but I could be
> wrong.

Yes, it was me.  It's not appropriate to have a brief vote on an
obscure and generally unannounced web page and imagine that the
results would be official.  Informal polls are of course fine, and can
help us to build a consensus for good decisions.

There is the additional problem that legal rights to the logo
candidates should be cleared before the voting, to avoid confusion.

--Jimbo