[Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2012: The Visas Issue

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:39:32 UTC 2011

On 1 November 2011 20:20, Mateus Nobre <mateus.nobre at live.co.uk> wrote:
> I suggest to announce to the people who live in that countries early.
> Earliest as possible. Maybe 8 or 9 months before... Take a visa to US really
> isn't easy.
>
> What do you think?

I think the conference starts in 8.5 months and applications for
scholarships aren't even being accepted yet, so it is completely
impossible to give responses by 8 or 9 months before. I agree we need
to give people as long as possible to get visas, but the soonest we
could possibly get responses is at least 2 months away.