[Wikimania-l] Please: at least any schedule information is needed now

Jakob jakob.voss at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Jun 25 12:32:24 UTC 2010

*PLEASE*

Can you provide at least *ANY* information about the Wikimania
schedule *NOW*?! At least when will the first session start and when
will the last session end?

I am think am not the only one who is waiting since weeks to book
flights and accommodation. Because of limited time and money I may
need to arrive at Friday and/or leave at Sunday, so because lack of a
schedule I still cannot say whether to come to Wikimania at all.
Wikimania should start in two weeks?!

I still remember how I did the last schedule changes in the night
before Wikimania 2005 and on schedule page
http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule you see me changing
the program of Wikimania 2007 during the event, so I really understand
that sometimes its a always a bit chaotic and disorganized - but
people need at least some *basic* information. The longer you wait the
more people will cancel their participation.

Jacek Jankowski wrote on June 22th:

> The information in the attached schedule is out of date.
> We will post the final schedule soon.

It would be helpful at least to have *any* preliminary schedule
instead of this intransparency and to have a tight date instead of
"soon".

Sorry for pushing but it *is* urgent,
Jakob