[Wikimania-l] Regarding the VISA Invitation Letter

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 11:45:43 UTC 2010

Now we have less than 20 days left for the conference. As you know, for most
of the countries outside EU/USA, VISA is mandatory to enter POLAND.

To apply for a Polish VISA from my country (INDIA),  the INVITATION LETTER
(in Polish language) addressed  to the Consulate General of the Republic of
Poland <http://www.polishconsulate.com/contact.html> in Mumbai is
mandatory.  (That might be the case with most of the non-EU/USA countries).
This INVITATION LETTER need to be faxed directly to Consulate General, and a
scanned copy/photo copy of that letter is mandatory along with the VISA
application that we submit to the consulate. Otherwise our VISA applications
will not be processed by the travel agencies.

*My VISA is not yet processed since I haven't received a copy of this
letter. *Could some one please help me (and many other Wikimaninas)
regarding this.I am sending this letter to this group since I am not
receiving any reply for any of the mails that I sent regarding this.

Kindly remember that the system in many countries will not work as per
European/US standards. Considering that this is an international conference,
it would be good if there is some one there at the other end who can handle
these type of issues.

We are helpless if we are not getting support from the Polish Wikimedians
who are organizing this event.

Shiju