[Wikimania-l] http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

simonpedia simon at cols.com.au
Mon Mar 17 22:41:11 UTC 2008

Guys,

Just a quick note for the record.

Might be useful if you wanted a contact for next year’s Wikimania.

Dear Mr. Fenton-Jones

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.  Mr. Berners-Lee was
traveling and in meetings for the past few weeks and we've just gotten to
sit down to review correspondence.

Thank you for your invitation to Tim Berners-Lee to speak at Wikimania in
Egypt.  Unfortunately, Mr. Berners-Lee's schedule is so hectic and his
responsibilities are so heavy that he is very rarely able to travel for
speaking events and will be unable to participate.

Thank you and I apologize again for the delay.

best,

Amy van der Hiel for Tim Berners-Lee

W3C

Amy van der Hiel [amy at w3.org]

……………………………………………………………………………..

Had a quick squiz at the meeting log for the 15th. My eyses bleed.

Just a couple of questions. Has anyone contacted Bibliotech’s IT team? Not
sure I understand all the tech stuff, but they would seem to have al the
basics.

Hadn’t realized its director, Mr. Serageldin, used to be Vice Pres of
Special projects at the World Bank. So he would probably be trying to
advance the use of technologies which could do a global link up from
Egyptian event(s). Don’t know if you’re across the gdln,
http://www.gdln.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/GDLNCHILD/0,,contentMDK:21012617~pagePK:
64233834~piPK:64232164~theSitePK:841731,00.html

but it’s like the predecessor to the Accessgrid, whose use I’ve suggested
here (and won’t again).

16 weeks and counting.  If yo do want to consider running a global workshop,
it’s now or never. Regards, simonfj

Checked by AVG.
10:48 AM