[WikiEN-l] Privacy Study Looking for Volunteers

Andrea Forte andrea.forte at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:53:51 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm representing a team of researchers from Drexel University who are
researching privacy practices among Wikipedia editors. If you have ever
thought about your privacy when editing Wikipedia or taken steps to protect
your privacy when you edit, we’d like to learn from you about it.

The study is titled “Privacy, Anonymity, and Peer Production.” Details can
be found on meta where the project was discussed before beginning
recruitment here: (
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Anonymity_and_Peer_Production).

If you would like to help us out, you need to read and complete the online
consent form linked here and we will get in contact with you:
http://andreaforte.net/wp.html.

We are planning to conduct interviews that will last anywhere from 30-90
minutes (depending on how much you have to say) by phone or Skype and we
can offer you $20 for your time, but you do not need to accept payment to
participate.

I have been researching Wikipedia since 2004 and have conducted many
studies, most of which have resulted in papers that you can find here:
http://andreaforte.net.

Thanks for considering it, please contact me if you have questions!

Andrea Forte

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Andicat

and

Rachel Greenstadt