[WikiEN-l] So who's beta-testing the Visual Editor?

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Sat May 11 21:08:17 UTC 2013

2013/5/11 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> This is all the Visual Editor edits in en:wp:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&tagfilter=visualeditor
>
> It's not many. So please switch it on (you can still click "Edit
> source" to do references and templates) and give it a good kicking. A
> bug discovered now saves endless newbie pain later.

Mmmm... so I know that it's the English Wikipedia mailing list, but I
suppose that this won't hurt:

In the Hebrew Wikipedia several people tried the VisualEditor. I
counted seven newly reported bugs as a result of this, and one
reopened. There were also a few WONTFIXes, INVALIDs and dupes. Two of
the new bugs were already fixed.

I think that it's a reasonable response level to a brand new opt-in
feature, which is barely alpha quality. It's not big, but it's much
more than zero.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬