[WikiEN-l] More stringent notability requirements for biographical articles

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 10:24:42 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 March 2012 14:04, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jim_Hawkins_%28radio_presenter%29
>
> This is a rather broad and (as I've noted) hideously vague proposed
> solution to a very specific problem, viz. someone who is apparently
> well within notability guidelines wanting an article deleted because
> he doesn't have control of it, and is abusive towards anyone who tries
> to help.

That's a bizarre statement – and quite untrue – as well as absolutely
appalling PR. I see someone linked to that comment of yours on Hawkins'
Facebook thread yesterday.

http://www.facebook.com/jimhawkinsltd/posts/303015339764646

(Not sure if that link will work for people who aren't on Facebook.)

As for notability, Carcharoth posted a salient analysis of the article's
sourcing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3AArticles_for_deletion%2FJim_Hawkins_%28radio_presenter%29&diff=483663317&oldid=483632586

Andreas