[WikiEN-l] More stringent notability requirements for biographical articles

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Fri Mar 23 18:59:10 UTC 2012

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, David Gerard wrote:
> This is a rather broad and (as I've noted) hideously vague proposed
> solution to a very specific problem, viz. someone who is apparently
> well within notability guidelines wanting an article deleted because
> he doesn't have control of it, and is abusive towards anyone who tries
> to help.

He's not "well within notability guidelines", he falls under BLPs of
marginal notability.  Marginal notability BLPs are supposed to take the
wishes of the subject into account with respect to deletion.

Moreover, this BLP has been violating BLP policy for years.  It doesn't
matter how abusive he is off-Wiki; Wikipedia has failed here.