[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia as part of a social media strategy for hotels

David Goodman dggenwp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 18:19:16 UTC 2012

The India related pages are typically being deleted because of the
lack of references in the submitted article, and the almost total
inability of editors elsewhere to find sources for this area except
of a few major newspapers. It is extremely frustrating  to find such
an article on Proposed Deletion, about  someone I can guess is likely
to be notable, but where I can find no references to indicate this--if
there is no response from the editor who added it, what alternative is
there for me to do but delete it?  We can potentially vary our
notability standards to account for WP:Cultural bias, but I cannot see
us abandoning the principle of WP:Verifiability and remaining an
encyclopedia.