[WikiEN-l] Difficulty making structural changes to WP due to human nature?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Sat Sep 17 21:21:54 UTC 2011

> Is it just me or do others find it difficult to instigate any sort of
> changes to policies, guidelines, layout, Manual of Style and related
> matters regardless of how minor they are?
> Could it be that WP is a reflection of human behaviour and has become a
> talkfest where nothing changes because of our inherently conservative
> nature?
> Or am I trying to satisfy the readers of WP rather than editors and
> readers? Since readers do not edit they never get to have a say so the
> editors get what they want (yes I know - editors are readers as well).
>

> Alan Liefting

Some oppose nearly any sensible idea. You need to get up a head of steam
and run over them. Well, not really, but you do need to explain what you
want to others who will support your change and do a little bit of
campaigning.

Readers are welcome to edit policy talk pages even if they never make a
single edit.

Fred