[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Autoconfirmed article creation trial

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 14 10:28:11 UTC 2011

Possibly a really professional approach with full-time resources
devoted to explaining things and producing a detailed FAQ and managing
expectations to slowly build a consensus. But that jibes uncomfortably
with the approach where groups of volunteers try and produce the same
results. It also feels like campaigning to try and grow a consensus
rather than working with what is there already. But that may be needed
in cases where opinions are all over the place and people may not be
fully informed about something or may polarise into different camps.
All gets rather political, really.

Carcharoth