[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Autoconfirmed article creation trial

MuZemike muzemike at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 06:35:09 UTC 2011

Does anyone think we can really get an actual "consensus" for anything
big anymore on en.wiki?

To take from Beeblebrox on the Signpost not too long ago
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2011-08-29/The_pending_changes_fiasco):

"There seems inevitably to come a point in any such attempt where there
are simply too many voices, too many nonsensical objections, too much
petty bickering to get anything done. This is a growing, systemic
problem at Wikipedia, and eventually we are going to have to deal with it."

The near-converse applies when developers "boldly" turn relatively minor
features on without "community consensus", as seen at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_%28technical%29/Archive_90#Watchlist_emails
. That is, people complain up and down about it. It is impossible to
have everyone happy about everything.

-MuZemike