[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia article on [[Santorum (neologism)]]

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Mon May 23 18:52:40 UTC 2011

> We don't exist to fix the real world - we exist to report on it
> accurately.  Many of the things we report on are unfortunate.  An IMF
> candidate who alledgedly raped a hotel maid, a tornado that killed 89
> plus people, a terrorist attack in Pakistan and several ongoing and
> incipient wars, these are other unfortunate things that make the
> neologism Santorum pale in comparison.
>

> --
> -george william herbert

I think you miss the point. Malice can make even publication of true
information about a public figure actionable. Participation of a
nonprofit corporation in political activity poses problems. I'm not sure
what happened here but we need to look at it carefully and evaluate our
level of participation in creation and dissemination of this "word".

Fred