[WikiEN-l] Encyclopedia Dramatica

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:36:20 UTC 2011

On 17 May 2011 17:19, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2011, David Gerard wrote:

>> The new site has indeed had about 0 verifiable third-party coverage.

> But the problem is that it's being treated as a "new site" and therefore all
> the notability and such has to start from scratch.  How do we determine that
> something remains the "same site" or is a "new site"?

In this case, it is a new site. It's a new site forked from the old
site (and in fact it got DMCA notices from the proprietor of ED).

>If the Washington Monument was torn down and rebuilt 2 miles to the west as
"Washington Monument West", would we need to determine separate notability
for the Washington Monument West and the Washington Monument?

Your analogy is not a good one. If the Washington Monument was
demolished and some people got together to build a duplicate two miles
to the west, that would be noteworthy if there was verifiable evidence
third parties cared.

Note that there's also LurkMoarPedia - it's not like this is the only
fork. To continue the analogy, let's imagine there's several locals
getting together to build duplicate Washington Monuments at various
locations nearby.

Really, if you want an article on this particular "new ED", the way to
solve this is to get third-party coverage for this particular "new
ED".

- d.