[WikiEN-l] Otto Middleton (a morality tale)

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Fri May 13 06:41:32 UTC 2011

On 13/05/2011, Andreas Kolbe <jayen466 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The job of WP:V is to make sure that assertions in Wikipedia are verifiable;
> it's not to ensure that verifiable stuff cannot be deleted.

> Editorial judgment -- we have to be allowed to judge the reliability of
> sources, and the quality of their research.

That is a major source of bias though, particularly in relatively
stubby articles. People regularly roll up to an article and declare
that some part of it is somehow not neutral and they delete it out of
hand, references and all. They often do this when the article is a
fraction of the size it ought to be, and if the article was allowed to
grow, that material would not have been removed, because it would have
been proportional.

There doesn't seem to be any protection against this in the policies at all.

I think that needs to be fixed, or at least, addressed.

--
-Ian Woollard