[WikiEN-l] Wired on the Spanish mutiny

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:35:15 UTC 2011

On 21 January 2011 17:24, Charles Matthews
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I do think that the early history of WP is quite a good example of why
> we need historians, not just more self-serving memoirs. Even then I
> doubt we'll fully understand why things turned out the way they did.

I must say, I found it made things a lot clearer to see that it was
Larry Sanger. Who, in his 2011 reply, insisted advertising was the
right idea *even though it made an entire language community get up
and leave*. Such community management skills are truly remarkable.

- d.