[WikiEN-l] Drake Bennett: Wikipedia ten years on

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 03:04:23 UTC 2011

It was a "temporary experiment" that was transparently neither
temporary nor an experiment. I think I got chewed out for pointing
that out at the time. I sometimes wonder what Wikipedia could have
become if it truly stayed experimental, instead of aspiring to the
lesser goal of a better Encarta.

C'est la vie!