[WikiEN-l] declining numbers of active EN wiki admins

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat May 29 11:40:58 UTC 2010

Andrew Gray wrote:
> Regardless of what technically happens to that submitted junk, and how
> many boxes they tick in the process, we'll still fundamentally have a
> space people can put prospective article content into, and someone has
> to say no to it.

Is that true? When was the family of deletion processes last
reconsidered? If we had a good look at PROD-like mechanisms, which could
be partially automated, and "holding areas" where marginal content could
be placed in limbo, what would we come up with? What if stub-sorting (by
topic) were more integrated with quality sorting? We have certainly not
scaled any great heights of sophistication in dealing with the influx of
articles. That may or may not be a good thing, but there is surely scope
for innovation.

Charles