[WikiEN-l] declining numbers of EN wiki admins Matt Jacobs

AGK wikiagk at gmail.com
Sat May 29 10:20:10 UTC 2010

On 28 May 2010, at 18:13, c h <chzz at live.co.uk> wrote:
> Imagine if it worked more like blocking - if an admin fucks up,
> remove their SysOp and have a chat about it. "Hi, I noticed that you
> speedy-deleted some files that do not appear to meet the CSD
> criteria; your SysOp staus has been removed _while we discuss it_".
> No big deal, the admins shouldn't mind.

Agreed with this, but it's far easier said than done. I think we're
stuck with the RFA system we have now; some things are just too damn
unreformable. I can't see the community ever buying into such a system
of tool removal tbh.

The worst type of admin abuse is the use of tools against a user the
admin is involved with/prejudiced against. Unfortunately that kind of
abuse is the most complex, which is partly why ArbCom have the job of
dealing with it

AGK