[WikiEN-l] List of Rivers of Egpyt - what to do?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri May 28 04:18:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Cos I've never understood how bugzilla works, and there's something
> weird about how you have to register over there and it is different
> from Wikipedia (I'm not even sure which servers it runs on). I tend to
> raise things here or at the technical village pump and hope someone on
> bugzilla raises it themselves (at least until I've worked out to my
> satisfaction how bugzilla works). What I should really do is subscribe
> to wiki-tech-l, but then I'd probably be told there to submit a
> bugzilla...

It's really not too complicated, but the setup would be much more
familiar to software developers than the average user.

1) Get an account at https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/createaccount.cgi
2) It's operated by Wikimedia. Which server it runs on I don't know,
and doesn't seem relevant.
3) Entering a new bug is relatively straightforward. There are
billions of fields, but you should ignore most of them. Just make sure
you get the product right (normally MediaWiki). And if you're feeling
confident, choose the component.

Steve