[WikiEN-l] declining numbers of EN wiki admins

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Wed May 26 23:34:39 UTC 2010

Are you saying that a _declining_ number of administrators means a
_growth_ in bureaucracy?  It would normally mean the opposite, either
a loss of control, or that the ordinary members were taking the
function upon themselves.  What I see is a greater degree of control
and uniformity, not driven by those in formal positions of authority.

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pretty much. That's more or less why I quit the project.
>
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 1:51 PM, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> By all measures, en.wiki has been in decline for years as an active
>> project.
>> It's just the typical death by bureaucracy that most projects like this
>> undergo.

>> > Well, they're not dwindling since admin rights don't get taken away on
>> > inactivity. ;-) But to the general question, because the standard
>> expected
>> > of a candidate for RfA has gone up over the years?
>> >
>> > KTC
>> >
>> > --
>> > Experience is a good school but the fees are high.
>> >    - Heinrich Heine

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.