[WikiEN-l] [Foundation-l] Renaming "Flagged Protections"

Rob Lanphier robla at wikimedia.org
Wed May 26 23:29:38 UTC 2010

Hi Phoebe,

Replies inline...

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Rob Lanphier <robla at robla.net> wrote:
> > We're planning to change label of the "Pending changes" tab to "Pending
> > revision", since what people will see when they visit that tab is the
> > pending revision, not the diff against the old version.  The nice thing
> > about then naming the feature itself "Pending Revisions" is that it
> aligns
> > with what people will see as the most prominent feature of the UI.
>
> Got it. Well, I personally like "pending revisions", as I said (bit
> long for a tab label, but oh well).

So, as I mentioned in my previous email, we're dabbling with the idea of
Pending (something else).  See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Flagged_protection_and_patrolled_revisions/Terminology#Pending...

Can it go to the other side of the
> history tab though, so it doesn't show up before the edit tab when
> reading across? (I'm sure there's an argument to be made both ways,
> but I'd expect a new feature to show up as the last tab in standard UI
> design).

I'm not sure what the rationale is, but I asked here:
http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:FlaggedRevs_issues#Tab_placement_in_Vector_and_Monobook

 Where will it go in Vector?

Hrm...we should probably make Vector default on the test site.  I'm looking
into that.

At any rate, you can see it by logging in at
http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org and visiting a page that has pending
revisions.  An example (as of this writing) is here:
http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Vince_(2005)

Rob