[WikiEN-l] List of Rivers of Egpyt - what to do?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed May 26 03:05:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I also thought there was a template for lists of rivers, but the
> template at the bottom of that page is generated by a template
> parameter from Template:Africa topic
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Africa_topic) so there is no
> way to actually link to the template as it displays in the article.
> Which is more than a bit annoying.

Yeah, that caught me by surprise, too. It's a nice way of sort of
instantly generating hundreds of templates. And there's nothing
stopping someone making {{List of rivers of Africa}} with the content
{{Africa topic|List of rivers of}}.

Is it worth asking the developers for the ability to link to a
template with parameters? If nothing else it might be useful for
previewing etc.

Steve