[WikiEN-l] List of Rivers of Egpyt - what to do?

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Tue May 25 11:29:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:16 PM, AGK <wikiagk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 25 May 2010, at 08:05, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So I decided to fill in a red link I saw on the community portal:
>> [[List of Rivers of Egypt]]. I started creating the article, then
>> reached the amusing realisation that perhaps there is only one. Yep,
>> that one.
>>
>> So, do we just have a pathetically short list? It seems for
>> completeness etc, that would be the right thing to do.
>
> This made me laugh :)
>
> Could you maybe merge the [[List of rivers in X]] articles for a
> number of Northern Africa nations?

There is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rivers_of_Africa

Which lists some North African ones.

I also thought there was a template for lists of rivers, but the
template at the bottom of that page is generated by a template
parameter from Template:Africa topic
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Africa_topic) so there is no
way to actually link to the template as it displays in the article.
Which is more than a bit annoying.

Carcharoth