[WikiEN-l] [Foundation-l] Renaming "Flagged Protections"

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Tue May 25 20:04:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>wrote:

> On further thought... what about "Pending edits" ? I do like "pending"
> as part of the name, especially if this is the name going on the UI
> for the link/tab/whatever where you would see them. It also seems to
> me that the name in the UI doesn't have to be quite the same as the
> name of the feature itself -- here is where you see the pending edits,
> which are part of the revision review feature, aka
> special:flaggedrevs. (or something).

Hi Phoebe,

We considered going in that direction.  The tough part about it is that the
name goes against the grain of what we want to use in the UI.

Take a look at this page:
http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Vince_(2005)

We're planning to change label of the "Pending changes" tab to "Pending
revision", since what people will see when they visit that tab is the
pending revision, not the diff against the old version.  The nice thing
about then naming the feature itself "Pending Revisions" is that it aligns
with what people will see as the most prominent feature of the UI.

Rob