[WikiEN-l] Simple vandalism occasionally being missed

AGK wikiagk at googlemail.com
Sun May 16 17:03:43 UTC 2010

On 16 May 2010 14:18, WereSpielChequers
<werespielchequers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Overall I think we are getting faster at dealing with vandalism,
> though there is still stuff there

And the era of anti-vandalism bots is now well-underway. They seem to
do a lot of the work for us. In fact, coupled with the evolution of
tools as advanced as huggle and the introduction of things like the
abusefilter, there is no longer much demand at all for simple
vandalism patrollers.

Catching unsourced changes (especially to BLPs) and creations of
unencyclopedic pages… Now, that's something else altogether.

AGK