[WikiEN-l] The New Look

Michael Peel email at mikepeel.net
Sat May 15 06:36:22 UTC 2010

On 15 May 2010, at 03:20, Casey Brown wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Logo stuff can be discussed on the Wikimedia blog here:
>>
>> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2010/05/13/wikipedia-in-3d/
>>

> Actually, there's now a thread on Commons for logo feedback:
> <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikipedia/2.0#Logo_revisions_need_input>
>
> Also make sure you see the update on the blog post:
>
> "We’ve received a lot of feedback about how the new Wikipedia identity
> functions in different browsers, and we’re working on some minor
> improvements over the next few days.  We’ve captured much of the
> feedback below, and now encourage users to visit this thread on
> Wikimedia commons where you can further comment on a revised version,
> currently being tested on our prototype Wikipedia.  Thanks!"

It's worth while looking at the gallery on that page, showing the old logo, the first new version, and the revised new version:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikipedia/2.0#Gallery
The revised new version is substantially better than the one currently on en.wp, and in my opinion is better than the old logo now: it's a lot cleaner. The sooner this version gets onto en.wp, the better.

Mike