[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Along with Vector, a new look for changes to the Wikipedia identity

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Fri May 14 21:19:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 4:52 PM, AGK <wikiagk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ooh, that's nifty. I didn't know it existed either. Will they be
> testing FlaggedRevs on the site,

Most new extensions are tested on their own "labs" site or on
testwiki, the Usability initiative is special because it has tons of
different improvements and has its own domain. :-)

Here's a list of the current "labs" wikis:
* http://de.labs.wikimedia.org/ -- I'm pretty sure this was for
testing FlaggedRevs for dewiki
* http://en.labs.wikimedia.org/ -- general testing platform
* http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/ -- FlaggedRevs for enwiki
* http://liquidthreads.labs.wikimedia.org/ -- LiquidThreads
* http://readerfeedback.labs.wikimedia.org/ -- ReaderFeedback

> now that it's not needed for vector?

It's important to note that although Vector has been deployed, that
doesn't mean that the Usability Initiative is done.  The Usability
team still has quite a few releases prepared, like code collapsing, a
TOC in the editing window, and more.  The "releases" page on Usability
wiki <http://usability.wikimedia.org/wiki/Releases> lists a lot of
these changes, but I'm not sure how up-to-date the timeline is.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023