[WikiEN-l] Jimbo on Commons

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon May 10 23:35:08 UTC 2010

Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> But when it comes to the human body and physiological functions, it is
> possible (and in my opinion, better) to limit the number of images to
> the best pictures and those that *really* improve an article, rather
> than accept everything and hope the best rise to the top by a process
> of natural selection (= use in articles).

> That is not censorship. That is a sensible editorial policy.

Exactly. Besides there is something qualitatively unencyclopedic about
user-submitted photos of their genitals, or their private sexual
practices - whatever - is that they are moreoften than not
unprofessional in the sense that they are infused with a discernible
exhibitionist intent rather than the professional agnostic sterile
perspectives of actual medical professionals.

-Stevertigo