[WikiEN-l] Looking for thoughts on statistics

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 23:06:41 UTC 2010

On 28 March 2010 20:42, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Just as an example, I was taking part in the Military History World
> War I contest recently, and there were at least 43 new articles
> created (or expanded) for DYK. I'm currently trying to work out how
> many articles were actually created (as opposed to expanded).

It is to be expected that experienced wikipedians can find things to
write about. However our new article creation has historically been
for the most part driven by new users (and a handful of experienced
users who managed to create very large numbers of articles) who may
more legitimately be running out of things they can write articles on
that won't get deleted on sight.

--
geni