[WikiEN-l] Notability for FLOSS - the public's reaction

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 20:15:35 UTC 2010

The [[dwm]] deletion discussion has caught the interest of some of the
more nerdy online communities:

- http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/b8s29/the_wikipedia_deletionists_are_at_it_again_this/
- http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1163884

It's interesting to see the general levels of disgust and how few
current editors there are in comparison to former, and read the
dislike of WP:N.

I certainly hope the usability initiatives bear fruit and entice
regular people into becoming editors, because we're burning our
bridges among our original techy contributor base.

([[Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Dwm (2nd nomination)]] is trending
keep, but many FLOSS articles have been deleted lately, and many will
yet feel the axe.)

--
gwern