[WikiEN-l] Pending Changes: first press

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:21:58 UTC 2010

On 15 June 2010 19:15, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm actually becoming increasingly concerned that the notion that the
> [[George W. Bush]] article would be unlocked has to be coming from somewhere
> within the organization, since it's being repeated in every single article
> in the press.  This is not a good sign.

I believe I was the person that suggested the Bush article as an
example when the BBC asked for one. I don't know where the articles
that were published before the BBC article got the example from. I'm
sorry if I was mistaken, but my understand is that this feature is
intended precisely for articles like the Bush one.

> The objective of this trial isn't to give us good press, it's to persuade
> the community that this is a useful and viable tool.

I couldn't disagree more. The objective of this trial is to see if the
feature is effective. This is a trial, not a marketing campaign. We
shouldn't be skewing the parameters of the trial to get the result we
want.