[WikiEN-l] About tl;dr

Amory Meltzer amorymeltzer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 20:04:56 UTC 2010

If everyone spent all day at their computers, and read each email
individually as they came in, that would be fine - each one is okay by
itself.

But people work, and people eat, sleep, and do many other things that
prevent them from waiting for a mailing list.  I may care about the
issue, but reading emails on just one topic (a topic that, in spite of
all of its merit, really can't compare to whether or not I put
mozzarella or cheddar on my burger) becomes a lot less likely when it
requires a lot of work to read them.

~A