[WikiEN-l] Another sourcing problem

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:38:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:

> writer who put this character in the comic book mistakenly thought he was
> a preexisting character, and it's possible he confused him with the character
> who had the similar name.
>
> The Wikipedia article is allowed to mention none of this because it assumes
> that reliable sources are professionally published and we can't use fanzines
> and blogs for information...  and professionally publishing anything about
> a joke character whose superpower is that his arm falls off is not too likely.

Put the character on a comics Wikia with all the desired information
and have Wikipedia link to it. Presumably a Wikia on comics can
establish its own reliable sources list to allow comic fan journals
(or what have you).

If your desire is to overturn a central plank of Wikipedia policy -
verifiability - then it would probably be wise not to present a "joke
comic character" and a "fan fiction" dispute as plausible grounds to
do so.

en.User:Bodnotbod