[WikiEN-l] Another notability casualty

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Sun Feb 21 17:11:31 UTC 2010

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010, Carcharoth wrote:
> I would look up
> some sources, but I really hate those "pseudonym in another language
> in an obscure and emerging genre (video music)" cases. You really
> can't make much progress with those unless someone actually goes and
> writes a book about it, or you know the other language (and I know no
> Japanese at all).

I never understood, why does notability require a reliable source anyway?
The source isn't being used as a source of facts about the subject.  We
should require a *prominent* source, not a reliable one--something mentioned
on Rush Limbaugh and Conan O'Brien really ought to be considered notable.
Prominent blogs and fansites would then count towards establishing
notability, which would have eliminated this problem.