[WikiEN-l] Another notability casualty

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 20 20:59:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> I stumbled into this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kinuyo_Yamashita
>
> My personal summary: Notability requirements shown to be utterly broken for
> popular culture topics.

Yeah. It's difficult. The discussion looks like a 'no consensus', but
throw in the socking accusations and the BLP background, and you can
understand the result, even if you disagree with it. I would look up
some sources, but I really hate those "pseudonym in another language
in an obscure and emerging genre (video music)" cases. You really
can't make much progress with those unless someone actually goes and
writes a book about it, or you know the other language (and I know no
Japanese at all).

Carcharoth