[WikiEN-l] [Foundation-l] IPA issues

quiddity pandiculation at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:44:23 UTC 2010

Sometimes even a sound file doesn't help some of us.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/Eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull-bjarmason.ogg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull
which still makes me smile every time I hear it.

ipa+sound file, is probably the most practical&ideal end goal. unless
we had a preference-gadget to provide the alternative pronunciation
guides..

[or something like that wikidata-semantic-database project, that was
going to further-revolutionize our Wiktionary and Wikipedia projects,
by making data like this extractable and embeddable. Whatever happened
to that? Probably a different thread...]
Quiddity