[WikiEN-l] Cuil launches CPedia.com, the robotically generated "encyclopedia".

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 18:18:00 UTC 2010

On 12 April 2010 01:31, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Remember Cuil, the worst search engine of last decade? This is what
> they've done with the left over hardware: an automated encyclopedia.
>
> http://www.cpedia.com/
>
> It's like Wikipedia read by Mark V. Shaney.
>

> - d.

Well in theory an automated system that created articles on order
would be a reasonable replacement for wikipedia. Unfortunately 1)This
won't be possible until we crack the natural language processing
problem and 2) even with existing technology Cuil's attempt is just
horrifically bad.

For If whatever is left of the powerset team at microsoft tried
something similar I would expect results to be better if still fairly
useless.

--
geni