[WikiEN-l] Oversized criticism sections and WP:UNDUE (was: Notability and ski resorts)

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 27 23:33:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Surreptitiousness
<surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I tried to poke some sort of life
> back into the Wikipedia:Advisory Council on Project Development but it
> didn't come to aught.  I think that one is going to die, no-one wants to
> take it forwards.

Actually, having seen this (and contrary to my previous e-mail):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Advisory_Council_on_Project_Development#Still_viable.3F

I think all it needs is someone to drag things forward a bit. That
might still happen. It does seem that the ACPD is currently more
active than the other proposals. As I've said before, the first one to
actually flourish and produce a *result* is the one that will likely
grow into something worthwhile.

Nurturing new ideas and seeing them grow from proposal all the way to
fully developed and implemented guidelines or policies, with the right
level of accompanying activity, is one of the biggest challenges in
Wikipedia of 2009. Finding people with the skill to do that, even if
there is a need for something, and however it is started, is not easy.

Carcharoth