[WikiEN-l] Wikimedian image restorations exploited on eBay

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 03:42:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com> wrote:
> Restored:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Stroop_Report_-_Warsaw_Ghetto_Uprising_06b.jpg

Also, I'm confused. There is absolutely nothing at that page which
would indicate to me that I wasn't entitled to do what that eBay
seller did. It even says "The right to use this work is granted to
anyone for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions
are required by law." Your name only appears once on the page, and it
doesn't say "attribution required" or "copyright" or anything like
that...

Is this what you intended? Are you saying that they broke some
condition? Or just that it's tasteless to sell photos of the
Holocaust? What are you alleging they did wrong exactly?

Steve