[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia: the Journal

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Sep 13 22:27:15 UTC 2009

In a message dated 9/13/2009 3:19:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ft2.wiki at gmail.com writes:

> Papers are reviewed annually, or upon major new information, so they
>    become a living document -- the paper on the higgs boson as it is now,
> and
>    the same paper as it was a year, 2 years ago, showing the advance of
>    knowledge and correcting itself as time passes and knowledge develops.>>

I would say that by this we'd have to mean that a paper cannot change.  In
that way it has to behave like a print version.  Once it's set, than it
can't change, otherwise the voting and review process would no longer match the
current state of the paper.

Rather, like print, if a new paper is submitted, even by the same author on
the same topic, it has to be a new entry in "this month's" journal, not a
modification of a now-historical version.

Will