[WikiEN-l] Deletion of unreferenced living person biographies

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 10 13:33:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:40 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/9/10 Surreptitiousness <surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com>:
>> Someone else probably caught this, but anything which has been deleted
>> out of process can be restored by any other admin.
>
> Only obvious out of process deletions. What counts of obvious? Hard to
> say but it would be inadvisable to make the wrong decision.

Searching the deletion log for "contested prod" or "restored prod"
would bring up some examples. I loaded up the most recent 5000 entries
(that only covers 2 days) and searched for those terms. Then I kept
going backwards. I stopped at 25,000. I searched for "contested" and
"userfied", and came up with 33 undeleted articles.

A couple of examples from that lot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Circle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failure_of_imagination

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyfn_pripetchek