[WikiEN-l] Another Media and Wikipedia blackout on NYT reporter in Afghanistan

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Thu Sep 10 12:47:54 UTC 2009

> I seem to have missed the detailed plans and blueprints on how to make
> an A-Bomb.  Care to link me? Or do you really think that the press won't
> sensationalise the minute it is realised someone learnt something bad
> from Wikipedia? I'd rather send Mr Gerard out there if it ever does so,
> because I think he has more chance of getting the message across that
> this stuff will happen with or without Wikipedia in the world.

To tie this to the topic. We should not publish up-to-date and accurate
information on how to create great harm whether it is about A-bombs or
reporters held captive by the Taliban, and we don't, our A-bomb plans
will produce a bomb that will barely go off, witness the North Korea
fizzles.

That is because we generally do what it takes to avoid doing harm. And
that is a good thing. It is simply wrong to do dumb harmful stuff.

Fred